About a month and a half a go Qais and I took a trip to one of our most favourite places to escape, Trillium Resort & Spa. Scroll below to find out why this makes the perfect cottage escape for those who love nature and a little luxury as well…
Our Stay at Trillium Resort & Spa in Muskoka:
If you’re anything like me; loves nature but isn’t the type of gal to go camping then the Trillium Resort and Spa is probably for you too. Firstly, Trillium Resort is an adults only resort that boasts 86 acres of beautiful forests, a waterfall and a semi-private lake. It features a casual fine dining restaurant (pro tip: book your stay with breakfast and dinner), an on-site spa, a pool, a hot tub, a tennis court, fishing, boating, 6km hiking trail and if you go in the Winter you’ll have 150km of snowmobile trails.
Besides the endless amount of activities to do, Trillium Resort and Spa has two choices of lodging. Enjoy your stay in a rustic style cottage or Qais and I’s personal favourite is staying in the Lakeview chalet. Both choices of lodging are rustic but the chalet has much more space and is great if you’re bringing pets (yes they’re dog friendly, up to 2 fur babies allowed!) or have friends and family staying with you. We love the space the chalet offers and it has a much more homey vibe then the cottage. But, the cottage is a great affordable option if you just need a quick getaway!
Now let’s talk food. Trillium Resort and Spa is truly such a hidden gem. I love the vibe of being at the cottage but having a restaurant attached to the main lodge. My tip above was to book your stay with the breakfast and dinner. It really is the best bang for your buck and every dinner is a 3 course meal, yeah you heard me right. Breakfast is equally as delicious and is either a la carte or buffet style depending on how many guests are staying.
Another great perk about Trillium Resort and Spa are the packages they offer. From the Girls Getaway package to the Romance package, their is something for everybody staying at the resort. Most packages include breakfast and dinner, while some include a gift card to the spa and wine and cheese in your cabin. Qais and I love the Romance package for a little pampering and of course some local wine and cheese! Trillium Resort and Spa also offers wedding packages for any couples wanting a truly breathtaking and unique wedding venue.
I can’t even count the number of times Qais and I have been to Trillium Resort and Spa. We usually go twice a year, once after Christmas for a escape and once during the Summer to enjoy Ontario’s beautiful cottage country. I couldn’t recommend it enough and would highly recommend it to couples looking to spend some distraction free time with their boo. I’ve also listed a few other good to know tips about Trillium Resort and Spa for those interested in booking a trip soon!
- The main lodge features a satellite tv, a wide variety of movies and books you can bring back to your cabin and board games too!
- When bringing a pet be sure to tell reservation, they leave the cutest pet care package in your cabin which is so thoughtful
- When booking in the Summer be prepared with lots of bug spray, mosquitoes and black flies tend to be pretty bad during the Spring and Summer months
- When booking in the Winter be prepared for a lot of ice on local roads (they don’t de-ice) and of course a lot of snow. I would highly suggest driving an SUV or renting one if you don’t have one. And of course snow tires are a huge must!
- Drive into the local town of Huntsville for the cutest local shops, coffee and restaurants.
- Book ahead of time as they fill up really quickly during the Summer!
If you are interested in finding out more about Trillium Resort and Spa or want to book a trip (yes do it!) then click right here for more information.